Monday, March 29, 2010

The Bram Stoker Awards

The Bram Stoker Awards ceremony was held this past weekend at the World Horror Convention in Brighton, England. I'm pleased to report that Gene O'Neill won the Award for Superior Achievement in a Collection for Taste of Tenderloin which I did the cover for. Congratulations to Gene and publisher Jason Sizemore!

Also congratulations to Norman Prentiss for winning the Award for Superior Achievement in Short Fiction and Michael Knost for winning the Award for Superior Achievement in Nonfiction.

The complete list of winners can be seen at the Horror Writers Association's blog Dark Whispers.

I have had the pleasure of working on a number of Gene's projects. I owe an eternal debt of gratitude to William Jones for choosing me to illustrate Gene's story "Invasors de Suenos" for Dark Wisdom back in 2005. This brought my work to Gene's attention. Most recently I illustrated his chapbook Jade, published by Bad Moon Books (available for pre-order at Horror Mall).

Congratulations again Gene, and I look forward to our future collaborations.

No comments: