Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Break Like The Wind"

For the past few weeks I've been planning to update my blog, but between assignments, sinus headaches, and hurricane winds (which added to the headaches) I've been delinquent with my online duties. Waiting for some paint to dry has provided me with the opportune moment to jot in an entry.

(And in addition to my regular assignments I'm also in the process of setting up an online store for my site. Stay tuned for more info on that front.)

Artist Joe Broers has accorded me the great honor of bringing one of my paintings to life (or as close to life as safely possible).

Earlier this year he purchased the illustration for my first magazine cover. The painting, entitled "Dunwich County Fair", was an idea I had toyed with for years. In 2004 I had the opportunity to bring it to realization when I was asked to provide a cover for Kenneth James Crist's magazine Black Petals.

Here are some pics that Joe sent me of the finished piece compared with the original painting and cover. I think he did a wonderful job. Thanks again Joe!


No comments: